On November 26 1898, the Board of Directors of Pargas Kalks Aktiebolag gathered for their first meeting. A local farmer, Otto Moberg, who had been the pioneer behind the new company, was appointed managing director. Moberg was a man of vision who realised the importance of concentrating and making more efficient the existing production of lime in Pargas. In 1904 he employed Emil Sarlin, an engineer, as expert in the company; Sarlin was later to become the company’s managing director for 50 years. The limestone that was quarried in Pargas was burned and sold to paper mills, ironworks and pulp factories and in the 1910s a start was made on manufacturing cement. Crushed limestone was used primarily for agricultural purposes.
In 1910 Pargas Kalk also began operations in Lappeenranta and built the first shaft kiln. Since the beginning the two towns have formed the core of company’s lime operations in Finland.
Kiedy odwiedzasz jakąkolwiek stronę internetową, może ona przechowywać lub pobierać informacje w Twojej przeglądarce, głównie w formie plików cookie. Tutaj możesz kontrolować swoje osobiste usługi plików cookie.